Thursday, November 8, 2018

SELF REPORT V (TEACHING PRACTICE)

PROCEDURES OF TEACHING

The first thing that I have to do is creating a lesson plan. And then, in the classroom, I am following the activity list on my lesson plan. Start from the daily routines (pray,checking attendant, checking the tidy-ness of the class room), and then give some motivation to the students, integrating some moral value related to the physics concepts, and then I will explain the goals of the lesson to the students.

As my core activities, I will start by reviewing last topic, setting the students base-knowledge, discuss new topic, asking several questions related with today’s topic, link it back with the last topic, problem solving, resuming today’s activity, integrating the moral value again, and then give evaluation, give homework for the students, and ends the meeting of the day by praying together. I am not only teaching in the classroom, but also in a lab experiments. 

I taught about magnetism, start from Current carrying wire, and then electromagnetism, and the last topic is Electric motor. You can see my daily lesson plan here! Lesson Plan Current Carrying Wire  for my lab activity stages, you can see it here!

Time Management and Organizing Activity

Learning Stage
Activity
Time Allocation
Teacher
preliminary
1.      Daily Routines
2.      Motivation
3.      Value Integration
4.      Explain the goals of the lesson
10
Minutes
Core activities


1.      Reviewing last topic
2.      Setting the students base-knowledge.
3.      Disscuss new topic
4.      Asking several questions related with today’s topic
5.      Link it back with the last topic
6.      Problem solving
7.      Resuming today’s activity.
8.      Value Integration



50
Minutes
Closing
1.      Give Evaluation
2.      Teacher give homework for the students.
3.      Teacher ends the meeting of the day

15
minutes


For one lesson plan, I have 75 minutes per teaching. I have taught for about 6 times including my grand teaching demonstration. So I have taught for about 450 minutes. Every management of the time, I always consult it to my mentor. Because sometimes, the real teaching will be different with what have been planed. It can be happened,  because sometimes the teacher before us got overtime, or the students just got a P.E. Lesson, so they need extra time to change their uniform.


Problem Solving

Different language become a big problem for me. On delivering Physics concepts, which is, the subject itself is usually hard to understand by the students even if delivered using their own language, and now, they have to understand the concept using English. So sometimes there's a little misunderstanding between what I mean, with what they're understand. But, my mentor usually give an explanation using Filipino Language,so that the students can understand what I mean. 

Classroom Management

To make sure that the students are focus with the topic of the day, sometimes I randomly asks the students about the topic of the day. Sometimes I also walking around the classroom, so that the students will keep their attention on me. And after I am delivering material for about 15 minutes, I will give them some activity that make them interesting, such as group activity, game, and any other. 












No comments:

Post a Comment